Saturday, May 6, 2023

Momzee

 Mummy ... My friend , my sweetheart , my first love ... She loved three things in life ...

Books , Chaai and Children ... 😊🥰💕💕💕

And they were all her first love 😊🤗🥰 

But she had no interest in watching  movies 😐 !!!


Before her marriage , as a teenager in her father's sprawling ancestral kothi in Shahjahanpur , going to watch films in cinema hall was a big No-No !


Back then , a close friend of my Nana's owned a cinema hall and he used to often tell my Nana , "Khan Bahadur Saheb bhej diya kariye khaandaan ki aurtoN ko , itni bhi koi buri chiiz nahi hai film dekhna , maiN pass bhijva dooNga " 😊


So , kabhi-kabhaar , accompanied by at least one family elder when the young burqa-clad girls of the family would excitedly go to Chacha Ji's cinema hall , Mummy would prefer reading or doing some household chores over this rare movie outing 😊


After her marriage , she moved from her small-town-broad-minded Muslim joint family to the nuclear family system in cosmopolitan and modern residential camp of Tata Hydro Electric Cos in Khopoli at the foot of the Sahyadri mountain in Maharashtra ... 


They used to have film shows every weekend in the colony club 


Away from the hustle n bustle of her huge khaandaan , Mummy gave in to the wishes of her friendly neighbours and soon adapted to a life that in time would give her opportunities to evolve into the human being that she wanted to be ... 


Films also found their way into her life , but still books , chaai and children remained her first love 😊💖🥰


As I grew up , books and later chaai and poetry entered my life like family heirlooms ... But Bollywood sneaked in from all corners of my being to claim my heart and before I knew it had become my second love ... 🩷🩷🩷 ... First to Mummy thiiN aur raheiNgi 😘😍🥰


So apart from the film shows in our colony , I wanted to see all the new releases in the nearby town 

But you don't go to the movies alone ... Right ... 

So Mummy used to go with me 🥰🥰🥰


We saw quite a number of films together ... till my husband , an equally unenthusiastic film-goer , came along and became the second love of my life ... 😊😊😊 ... First to Mummy ... 😉🤗😄


Of all the films Mummy saw in her life , "Teesri Kasam" and "Mera Naam Joker" she saw on her own and loved them immensely for their story and philosophy , and for a couple of songs too 💝🤗😊


Happy Birthday MomZee ! 

Remembering you so longingly ... 🥰🥰🥰

Aur yaad aa rahi haiN all those midnight maggie-chaai and jam-bread parties celebrating April-May birthdays in the summer holidays ... ☕🥪🍜🧈🍲


Wo bhi kitney massssssti bharey din thay ...


Aap ke paisoN se cake-biryaani khayaa kartey thay Mashaallah aap ke sab bachchey ... 💖🥰💕💕💕







No comments: