Tuesday, May 23, 2023

 She was asking me if I was enjoying my stay 

" Yes ! Yes ... very much ... " I replied in all honesty 

Then the feminine instinct that had been andar-hi-andar pestering me for the last few days for bringing only one set of warm clothes , nudged yet again , and I added : 

" But I have brought just one set of warm clothes ... So you ll get bored seeing me in a black sweater and black shawl every day and everywhere ... !!!"


" Oh ! No ... In fact each time I ve seen you , I find you wearing a different style of outfit , interesting colour combinations and patterns ... I wish we had more variety and colour too ... " She said 


" We are too bland " remarked her nephew 


This was arguably a most earnest appreciation of the vibrant Indian diversity which I had carried with me to a foreign land , and which reiterated for the Nth time , that as a country we are attractive and charismatic because we are so amazingly heterogenous , enriching our Janamabhoomi in our own beautiful ways without compromising our life styles , customs and values 


This was and will remain my Vishwa Guru Moment 

And it has been forever so because this is the culture I was born into and this was true of my parents 

Their parents 

Their parents' parents 

Their parents' parent's parents   

 And ... All the previous generations 


And will be so for all our future generations too ... 

Inshaallah

No comments: